Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Monster's Delight

Today was a bit of a struggle, the sugar and salt monsters compelled me to consume. Potato Chips, Coldstone Ice Cream ... called to me today. The monsters danced their usual dance and threw tantrums and demanded attention.

This time I acknowledged their presence. Ignoring them only makes them stronger (It's a superpower, I think) Hello there my old friends. Yes, I see you. I hear you. But today is not your day. Your day is Sunday. I've learned to give them a meal once a week. The monsters demand to be fed.

Then I ate a small potato, followed by an IsaDelight. A snack for my scandalous creepy friends. Surprisingly, that was enough for them. The compulsions they created gradually slipped away. This is the magic of the Isagenix program. This is the antidote I wished for. So today I danced with the monsters, and ended in a tenuous peace. We'll see how long it lasts when I do my first cleanse day on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment