Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Craving a Cleanse

Ok, so I hope everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving. I did, but I have to say, I'm ready for a pure shake day or even a cleanse day. I've spent about 4 days of the past week and a half enjoying a little too much food and drink. Wine with Wendy A., Beer and Sourdough Bread with Poppy, Champagne and Cupcakes with Cheryl and finally, the dinner below with my first Wendy, Wendy G. (there are 5 Wendy's in my life, so it might get a little confusing.... )

Although Wendy G and her family live in Oakland, her parents live in San Diego county, so I drove there and back today as part of our annual Thanksgiving tradition. We had a marvelous dinner -- turkey, dressing balls, mashed potatoes, bread, green beans and sweet potato won tons. Dessert was pumpkin chiffon pie and apple crisp with freshly whipped cream. Don't even get me started on the wine selection. Even though everything was in moderation, still on the drive home I started to feel ... yucky. A little toxic, like, ok, I've had enough of this carb loading, alcohol drinking, free for all eating, not part of the program mischievous crap!

I need to get back to the program. No, I WANT to get back to the program. Not just because of the contest, but because it feels better. Since starting Isagenix a couple of weeks ago, I've made huge strides in bringing previously unconscious eating behaviors to light. So it was interesting tonight, to look at the pattern and FEEL the results. Bloaty. I feel bloaty. I'm drinking some cleanse right now and will take the IsaFlush before bed.

I'm sure I'll feel better in the morning. It's weird, the rebel in me had to get this out of my system. And even she's ready to get back to program now. Ha! I guess this is part of furthering the new concept ... Enough. I've had enough.

Next step, adding more exercise. I'm thinking about Martial Arts!

No comments:

Post a Comment