Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Weekend Warrior ... NOT


This is a quick post between so many holiday weekend events ...

First part ... salt craving has been over the top for the past two to three days ... plus I spent most of Friday and some of Saturday suffering from occasional bloating and lots of irritability.

Even though I cleansed on Friday, it was a really lame cleanse ... by that I mean, I was craving salt so badly during the middle of the day I succumbed to the bags of Lay's potato chips I'd bought while on autopilot in the morning. But I kept cleansing. Then I finished some pasta left over from the night before ... And kept cleansing. Hey, most important, at least I didn't give up.

Then I saw a picture of this Salt. It reminded me of one of the most impatient muppets lurking inside my head ... the one who wants it all and wants it NOW! Hence, the crankiness. I did want everything and I wanted it NOW!

Next was yesterday, something to celebrate ... for the first time in the longest time, I put on clothes and didn't worry about 'looking fat.' Using Isagenix can be very freeing. I put on my clothes they felt HUGE, even though my previous day's cleanse was totally lame. It was great to have that feeling!

Of course then I had to sabotage myself again last night by going a wee bit round the bend food and drink wise. Holiday spirit and all ... oh boy. Fun, but today I really feel the effects of it. My stomach feels bloaty and my system feels like crap! Perhaps this time it's lesson learned. After about a day and a half of pseudo-program, I feel the negative effects.

I'm not saying going wild will never happen again, I'm just saying there's really a ginormous difference. And it isn't the feeling I want to live with regularly.

But I did it, and it's over. I think tomorrow will be a good day to a real cleanse.

Did have lots of fun this weekend, some big Aha's, lots of family and friends and joy and celebrations. Most important was the dawning of clothing that's been untouched in my closet for more than three years! Tis the season to celebrate indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment