Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Bah Humbug ...


Am trying to get into the holiday spirit, although this year it's really tough. Will write more later, but suffice it to say, I've been haunted lately by the spirit of B'Elf ... (Bad Elf) ... he's the naughty one, who hates Christmas because of the pressure to be jolly and the constant yuletide struggle against the dogs of rampant consumerism.

He's also the one who loves to stuff his emotions down! It's how he keeps himself in check. Naughty elves, bad ones, aren't tolerated this time of year. So he eats in secret to temper his pain.

We have a lot in common.

Staying on track for the IsaBody Challenge is going to require some strategy. This is what I'm working on today. How to get through this season, which is filled with all sorts of ghosts of Christmases past, without losing it entirely!

It's really distracting, whatever's lurking in my mind. Static preventing me from functioning at peak capacity. For example, I am dressed to go to a kickboxing class ... I thought I had plenty of time to get there. It starts at one. I just looked at the clock and it's 1:11!!! WTF???

How did that happen? Clearly focus is an issue. So now what? Go have a shake, figure out something festive to bake besides chocolate chip cookies and red velvet cupcakes ... I found a recipe for gingersnaps that's somewhat healthy in the BabyCakes cookbook. So maybe I'll try that.

I can't abandon baking entirely. B'Elf would be too upset. It's one of the things that makes the holidays festive.

Small steps, big breaths and an open mind for creative solutions.
Here's wishing you peace today.

No comments:

Post a Comment