Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's a Marathon Not a Sprint

So I've been struggling with staying on program. The season and all. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

But then I realized, this is a marathon, not a sprint -- and I decided to do a little research about marathons. Starting with the history.





Did you know the first marathon was reputed to be run AFTER a victory? A foot soldier named Pheidippedes ran about 25 miles from Marathon to Athens, Greece to announce victory to the assembly. (I'm choosing to ignore the version where he announces, 'we won' then keels over dead!)

Instead I got to thinking, it's like no matter what, as long as I'm in the Isabody Challenge for the entire 24 weeks, the momentary hardships, the crankiness due to hunger or the frustration I feel when I can't 'stuff it down' are like blisters or calluses ... battle scars to be worn proudly.




















A way of saying, I'm not giving up. Sorry to those who are dealing with my occasional bouts of neurosis or hyper-sensitivity. One way or another, I'm in it to win it. I may not always be able to see the finish line, but I know for a fact, it's there. And every day I fuel my body with Isagenix products, even when my eating isn't perfect, I am certain I am one step closer to victory.


No comments:

Post a Comment