Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's Dark in Here Today ...


Am in a funk today. And it got me to wondering if the feelings I was feeling when I put on the weight are coming back as I'm releasing it. Has anyone ever studied that? Could be a reason so many people abandon the journey to fitness along the way. This stuff can be scary. Ghosts appear. Love lost resurfaces. Loneliness lies looming. Coping can be a challenge.

Currently, I'm finding myself listening to an OCD version of Lakme by Delibes. Seriously, how many people besides me (and B'Elf) would find it comforting to listen to an opera about a Princess who falls in love with the wrong guy then offs herself to save her honor?

Told you it was dark in here today! But this is about the journey, my journey. Not every day is a good one. Anyone who comes here expecting that will be disappointed. If you want honesty, keep reading.

That said, I see no option but to continue on. Abandoning the Isabody Challenge, turning away from the path just because it's uncomfortable or ugly or dark, is not an option. Although it may not sound like it at this moment, I do have faith -- I depend on the product, I trust the people and I believe in the process.

Wishing you peace and joy today!



No comments:

Post a Comment