Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Somewhat in a Funk, but Grateful

So today I am still somewhat in a funk, but it's better. To keep myself from going over the edge food-wise has taken Herculean effort the past few days. Thoughts like 'eat, this is never going to work, eat, this is taking too long, eat, you're fat and always will be' keep recurring like that horrible song that gets stuck in your head. Playing over and over and over again.

To combat this, I changed 'this is never going to happen' to 'this is happening.' Great things are rarely achieved overnight. It made me think of the Grand Canyon ... this gorgeous crevice has taken about 17 million years to be carved by the Colorado River. But just look at it now. Awe-inspiring, breathtaking ... a spiritual mecca and natural wonder. Not that I'm comparing myself to the Grand Canyon ... I mean, I've only 24 weeks to transform for the Isabody Challenge. But still ... this point is to have patience and faith and stay the course. Transformation doesn't happen overnight.

So yeah, I'm still in a weird place, but I'm grateful. Grateful for where I am. Grateful for how far I've come, and yes, begrudgingly, I am grateful for how far I have left to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment