Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

On the Edge ...


Today was kind of a bad day. Well parts of it were anyway. Things got so bad they were laughable about an hour ago ... but that's when I almost went over the edge. Pizza and beer at Dino's was calling my name! LOUDLY!

You see today I did something really stupid. I weighed myself while having a horrible day, in the middle of the afternoon, after have a shake for breakfast, chicken and cabbage stir fry for lunch and a shake at 4pm. Oops! Seriously oops.

So here's something many of you may not know about me. I've had a long and tumultuous relationship with the scale. It's taken me many, many years to shrink my fat head. And just when I thought it was safe ...

Weighing myself today, while already in the midst of an already emotionally stormy day, was an interesting form of self-sabotage.

The scale said I've only lost 3 pounds in a week and a half.

This after the weekend cleanse struggle made me instantly go to the 'What's the Use' place. You know the place. It's on 'I Should Just Give Up' street in the town of 'This'll Never Work." Anyone else ever visited here?

Luckily, I had Isagenix teammates and coaches to call and they encouraged me to get out of that place right away. And while at the moment I'm still on edge, I'm no longer on THE Edge, ya know?
Their support has made all the difference!

Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment