Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Challenging Week ...

This has been a challenging week .. food-wise, work-wise, life-wise ... It felt like every possible roadblock to my success appeared! There were barriers every which way I turned.

Hot button eating emotions in my life ... doubt, insecurity, self-loathing , rebellion and more ... were all triggered - SIMULTANEOUSLY! The result was eating Taco Bell and drinking lattes for four days in a row ... I was still conscious and controlled, eating 3 crunchy tacos at 173 calories each = 519 calories ... a latte with 4 tbsp of half and half and Splenda = 100 calories ... so calorie-wise this wasn't so bad, but health-wise, well not so much ...

I recognize what this is ... SABOTAGE, self-sabotage! It's happened to me before ... I've gotten so far in the weight-release journey, but there's still a long way to go ... and suddenly, in front of me I see nothing but blocks. And, I find myself taking the wrong turns. Making small choices at first ... a latte here, a taco there ... then the next thing I know, I'm completely off program!

But this is not the case this time. This time I'm choosing a different path. Even though I had a really challenging week, I didn't let the barriers sidetrack me completely.

In fact, Saturday was my birthday and I'd given my self the option to have cake if I wanted it, only to find out, I really didn't want it. Imagine that!

Now that's some serious growth! So here it is, advice for the week ... no matter what barriers you are facing, no matter how far you feel you have to go, hang in there. Dig deep, you have it within you to keep moving forward through!



No comments:

Post a Comment