Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Feeling Bland, but Resolute



I know it's new year's and all, and I should be all revved up ... but I'm not. I am SO NOT A NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION kind of a girl! I started the Isabody Challenge at the end of October ... just in time for the marathon of holiday hodging Olympics! (hodging is a sniglet: means eating like a hog!)
And I have to say, this is the first time in years I did not go completely 'hog wild' and gain weight. In fact I lost a couple of pounds! That's amazing considering that everyone around me and on the street is griping about holiday weight gain.

What get's me is the holidays come the same time each year and every year, it's the same food, same temptation, same cycle ...


Einstein said insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results!

I mean, really what do people expect ...

that Santa and the elves will magically take the calories from all the crap they consume and leave a note that says 'merry christmas' it's all free!


No, no, no ... at the end of the day the piper must be paid.

And I gave it up yesterday.

I did my first cleanse of the year and all I can say is ouch!

Mental, physical and emotional turmoil was the cost of all the holiday cheer!

Ellen Ganus says tears are releasing of water ... no kidding. I did NOT have an easy time.

But my point, and I do have one (to quote another famous Ellen) is this ... Isagenix got me through. Today is better. I'm feeling clearer and less polluted, which is always a plus!

In a way I'm resolved about the Isabody Challenge ... resolved that win, lose or draw, I'm finishing. And since I'm committing to finishing, I might as well give it my all. You know, be in it to win it.

Change is a good thing. We have the power to chose ... health, fitness, achieving goals ...

Hope you're however your new year started, today brings something to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment