Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Swimming, Valentines Tea and a Trip to Halloweentown

This weekend was filled with all sorts of fun. First was swimming, which is a relatively new habit. Started in late December with Poppy!  It's changing our bodies!  We swim 5 times a week for an hour at the YMCA!  We love it!  So much fun!

If you remember this time last year, the thought of me going ANYWHERE, in a bathing suit, in public was .... well ... just not ever going to happen!  But then I stayed with the program and released about 70  pounds and counting and now, walking around almost naked is no big deal!  In fact it's kind of fun!

Talk about a total transformation!


This leads me to the second excursion of my weekend. In desperate need of last minute inspiration for Carol Park's Valentines Tea (Carol is my dear best friend who passed away last November, her daughter Amanda bravely went forward and carried on the 28 year old tradition!).  Anyway, driving through Burbank on the way to Michael's ... the craft mecca ... I spotted Halloweentown .... http://www.halloweentownstore.com/  it had Valentines decorations and my intuition said STOP HERE!  So I lived dangerously, made a U-turn in Burbank and did a bee-line for the shop!

Boy was I glad I did.  SO MUCH FUN!!!  I got this great book called French Postcards, An Album of Vintage Erotica.   It's definitely NOT Playboy ... they cards are truly art ... there just happens to be a few bums and boobs sprinkled here and there .... but it's so tasteful and fun! At this point in my life, I'm feeling much freer with my body, so figure why not show it off it you have it.  A woman's body is beautiful ... these women were not even close to perfect by today's plastic standards, but ooooh, la, la!  Such sensuality! Gotta love the French!

Finally the actual tea! It was at this incredible notions store called French General! https://www.frenchgeneral.com/

 I LOVE this place! I can't believe I didn't take pictures of all the jars of stones and glass and buttons and beads and bits and bobs!  All arranged by color!  Kaari and Christine are truly creative Muses!  Love you guys!

I thought I was gonna be sad at this tea, but instead it was a celebration of LOVE!  I did however do some emotional eating, but who can blame me when Sarah Hensley's scones and devon creme and fig and strawberries preserves are calling my name!

This is the beauty of Isagenix ... YOU CAN EAT!  YOU CAN ENJOY FOOD .... then hop right back into the shake, meal, shake rhythm and not gain weight.  There's a gorgeous element of control there!  LOVe it!

Ok, so apparently I've had a lot to say today.

It's the first week of the Chinese New Year - year of the rabbit!  Hope it's productive and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment