Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

At Odds with a Scale???

Ok, well today I had an interesting morning.  Went to swim and just as I'd worked up the courage to weigh myself (for those of you who don't know the scale and I have a long and tumultuous relationship), someone went near the scale and started using the blow dryer!

Crap, I thinking, I can't weigh myself now because Cheryl (that's the lady's name) is near the scale and she might see!  Seriously, I am not kidding when I talk about being damaged and the scale! LOL

Then this slender and willowy girl came and just hopped on the scale and weighed herself and that was when I caught myself thinking very bad thoughts about her! OMG! I was jealous! I hated her for being able to just get on the scale so easily (of course it was my assumption that it was easy ... that's the tape that played in my head)

So I realized, although I've come a long way, I still have an arduous road ahead of me. The scale is a thing and it's my nemesis?  Really???   That's deep!

Today I accept that's where I am on this journey to a healthy mind, body and spirit.  I am still at odds with this thing called a scale.  And that for today, has to be ok.  It is what it is!

So the tip for today is acceptance.  Practice it wherever you go ... life is good if you let it be!

Have a fantastic day!

(BTW - I am SO PROUD of my friend Poppy who gallantly gets on the scale and faces the numbers bravely head on.  She's managed to release 22 pounds and is looking AMAZING!   She's such an inspiration - love me some Nemo!) :)))

!

No comments:

Post a Comment