Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Drama is Boring!

Brace yourself ... More drama ... it's all blah, blah, blah and totally boring, but some days it gets to me, you know?  And I have to work hard to let it go.

Anyway, I'm trying to take the high road and not let it get to me, but some days it does. Like today. I tried to go swimming and all the lanes were taken.  The fast lane was too fast for me, because apparently the stress of the last month and a half has given me asthma!   So I have trouble breathing and can't find a lane to swim in after a night of emotional eating when I really just needed to get into the water and work it out.

So instead I opted to walk home from the Y ... it's about a mile and it was freezing, but I didn't care.  I needed to clear my head. So here's what I ended up doing.

I came home and drew on my front walk with chalk ... nothing pleases my inner child more than to draw and write messages on my walk.  Today's what from Thoreau, "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined!"  Love that ... so I wrote it and drew a milagro just to clear my negative energy.

Then I started thinking about all the positive things in my life.  My friends, my support team - those who I call when I emotionally eat or am thinking about it, particularly Sally and Mindy.

Then my mind wandered to a First Tuesday meeting where I'd gotten the napkin with the Thoreau quote.
I'd gone with Mindy and met Marci Coles, incredible lady!  She'd had Mary Morrissey talk that night!  What a way to start the year!

This lady is amazing ... she says if you don't like the channel you're watching in you life, change it. Simple.

So I did just that today. I put my clothes on and grabbed my doggie and went for a long walk. Oh, but first I enjoyed the fantasy of throwing a candle against the wall. It's something I'd love to work into a screenplay someday.  I mean what's the use of being a retired drama queen if you can find a way to express anger and frustration at a totally shitty situation! So I got that out of my system, then I walked.

I am so happy I did.  The day was gorgeous ... it turned into a mini photo safari!  Here's the shots I got ...  the black crow actually posed for me!  Then got in the tree like, look at me!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment