Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Groovy Exercise

Yesterday was about the struggle, today is about the triumph!  I've started exercising.  I made it a game.  Burst training is AWESOME!  For me, there's no excuse for not being able to do 10 minutes a day every other day, none.  I've been at it consistently for about a week and a half, and it's so much FUN!

I LOVE jumping rope.  It's my thing.  It has been since I was a kid. In fact my neighbor and her daughters joined me yesterday.  We had a jump-fest, which was followed by a little hula hoop action!  So much fun.

Last week I walked the stairs in Santa Monica for the first time with my friend and fellow Isa-teammate Beth, her her hubby-to-be Randy and my Staffie Molly. Again, so much fun!  It was something new.  Going to the beach, breathing fresh air, meeting new people and hoofing it up and down a gazillion stairs!

To make it even better, we went on Friday midday -- so it felt a bit like I was ditching -- the naughty aspect of this appealed to my impish nature!

Tomorrow I'm planning to hike in Griffith Park.  I'm working it into my schedule.  I book it like it's an appointment with a client.  So far so good.

So here's my tip for those of you like me, exercise-resistant.  Make it a game.  Phone a friend. Listen to your favorite music. (preferably something with a beat)  Bribe yourself.  But do whatever it takes to get moving!  Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment